Saturday 25 August 2012

365/238 Purple.

Somewhat belated but yesterday all got sucked up and before I knew it was bedtime!  

Grim weather until about 4pm and it seemed that everyone was heading for a wedding... lots of cars en route to town and the peel of bells from the village nearby when we nipped to get some bits at Tesco.

Ben from our office maried Kerry this afternoon and luckily they married at the hotel so no worries about dresses in muddy puddles! We went along in the evning and they all looked gorgeous... she won £1000 off her dress in a Wedding Fair competition and the one she chose was gorgeous, Ben looked dapper in his brocade waistcoat and burgundy was the accent they used.. even on the cupcake wedding cake... just lovely!

 
I only took a few pics on my phone and none really good enough to share, so here's my purple offering,.. still flowering, an orchid from March 2011 which a frind gave me when Lyla was born.. it lay dormant over Christmas but is flowering big style for the summer... !
...but I couldn't resist this snippet from last night, Col (head cut off!) with Sam from our office and Martin in what was not actually a pink / purple shirt!  You can tell this was a camera phone shot in the dark!

2 comments:

  1. What a fab orchid, I have a purple one from last year but its flowers aren't so great this year.

    Glad you enjoyed the wedding sounds fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)