Monday 6 August 2012

365/219 Frustration.

..I know that when I feel frustrated by something I really know it, but soon afterwards, when asked what does this to me I can't quite think of something so maybe underneath I am a fairly contented bunny, though i ca moan for England.. mmm, do they do a Olympic medal for it!

Some days I feel frustrated because I am not sure what to cook for tea or who and when people will appear... of late it has been me, Col and his Dad so I have taken to quickie meals so we can all rest or get on afterwards.. but then some days the girls will be home and have friends over and suddenly I need to cater for ten! Thank God for frozen stuff eh. Tonight with Col out I was able to make lasagne, he's not too keen, but this way Kate will eat some tomorrow for breakfast.. yeah, you read it right!

While the oven was on I made a rhubarb cake I saw on Janice's blog here! . As I made it I realised it is very similar to a Dutch Apple Cake I make from the Crank's Cookbook.

It derives from the River Cottage site here which I think looks really nice site....it does suggest pink rhubarb may look better than green but hey, it was reduced and beggars can't be chosers or whatever the old saying is..

.. ..so tonight I fed four, plus Ross and his g/f later plus Kate for breakfast, was cooking a good while but enjoyed it, time in the kitchen with everyone from Cat Stevens to Charlotte Church giving it large.. lovely!

Oh yeah, but the dishes (clean or dirty waiting to be 'done')and household jobs which create more work than you started with, they frustrate me!

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I hope you all enjoyed it.

    Being on holiday with 8 people is a bit of a shock to the system. We were out at the shops every day trying to keep everyone in supplies- on top of two big supermarket shops. It's also a never ending round of preparing food, clearing tables and washing up. The division of labour was a bit biased towards my mum and I!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks good and well done for being able to cater for a few or a crowd :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be tough to know who comes and who stays, but you appear to me as a person who certainly can cope with anything ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would send me into a tailspin Kath, well done :) I guess I better get better at it as the kids get older. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. heeyyyyy! You made the rhubarb cake! Nice one. And you line your tin like a good girl. This post reminds me of my sister in laws frequent laments on life with teens. She often cooks for 6, or for 2, depending on who rocks up at teatime...

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)