Sunday 19 June 2011

Not much news!

.. and not much happening..I know it's Father's Day but as we all see each other lots anyway it's not like we have to take a special day to show people we love them.

Been catching up round here, would be outside trying to repair the weed damage on my little patch, but true to form the English weather is giving us all something to grumble about!  Even when it's a nice hour you are still doing the thing you were doing 'cos it was raining / miserable, so you don't even appreciate that. .. Hey, just a thought, do you think they'll call and ask me to be on 'Grumpy Old Women'..!

Did a nice bit of baking this morning, I wanted to have soemthing to see for the day at home, a clean floor and meals made and destryed isn't enough. I made a plain sponge, now half eaten and a coffee one too, and made my Mum's famous icing with a Mr Kipling type pattern.. I was pleased with it.

I really like fruit cake and had a nice recipe for a Dundee Cake so I set about making it.. oh, that is, minus the cherries, the almonds and one of the four eggs..yes, I know I should have checked the cupboard first but hey, improvise, innovate!

Busy week coming again, Col's on one of his epic trips to Newcastle and back, with all towns in between but it's all in a good cause. If we tip enough visits and quotes in the funnel then the jobs will trickle out the bottom, in about 3-15 months.. well that's the plan!  He has himself a new van so that'll keep him happy..

Me, I'm going to do some of the easy teas and hopefully get a nice layout or two done. And one of the light nice evenings maybe a little sortie over to St Levan with something for my Dad..x

1 comment:

  1. Grumpy old woman... you never ;)
    Cakes look good. xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)