Monday 28 February 2011

Out to the west'ard

It was my Dad's birthday a couple of weeks ago and his anniversary on wednesday so JB, Col & I went out to St Levan with some flowers, always a great journey, whether rain or shine, and the windy weather had whipped up some great waves out off Porthcurno.

On the way home, just past Treen Corner we stopped for some violets, I brought them home and Jordan took some photos of them before I bunched them up.  I asked her to reach up and get me a vase from the top shelf and she produced and old marmalade jar, just like the ones we used to water the violets when I was young, before we bunched and boxed them ready for posting to Covent Garden. 

An ugly old marmalade jar you would normally find tossed in the rubbish corner of an old field, but heavenly nostalgic to me.

Takes all kinds..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)