Saturday 27 November 2010

Squawky the Parrot.

Way back when ( a term used often in our house to tease me when I start yapping on about the good old days!)... well, way back when Zac was a little boy, must be 16 years ago at least, one of the best toys he had was a Squawky the Parrot. 

Not sure how familiar you are with them, but suffice to say you speak to it and it repeats what you say back to you.  Zac just loved it and really made us laugh so often with this darned parrot talking back at him. I think Colin once went out and bought another one and had to get the last one in the shop taken down from the ceiling.

Well, tonight he's here, drawing and colouring with Lilly and we needed some new things to draw... out came Squawky the Third.  Well we've had everything tonight, from Lilly thinking it is her mum inside it, to making it sing Twinkle Star to her really enjoying hearing it repeat 'for God's sake' !

... and not caring if I sound like a doting Granny or not... how did she master whistling??

One last question, how does a 28 month old child know what a Treasure Map is???  Unrolling a piece of paper we had scribbled and drawn on, she said,'it's a map, a Treasure Map' Zac and I just looked at each other.. for once, speechless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)