Saturday 20 June 2009

Father's Day!

After 18 months suffering with his back and two operations last year, it was really good to see Colin back out on his bike last evening.... I mentioned to Kate that he was out and all a-matter-of-factly she said 'He's just brilliant'.....he really does seem to be another person when he's all motocrossed-up, and he must have been going fast enough 'cos every time I went to take an action shot, all I got was dust where he had passed me by!









It made me think of one of my first scrap layouts, about a year ago...Linda gave us the theme of 'Reasons why I love you'...I was only a beginner then and wanted to scrap my favourite pics from around the house, and I chose several of Colin... on a motocross bike with Ross, 16 years ago, working on a dive-boat and mending an engine in the sun when they did a shipwreck job in the Maldives(!).



I discovered then my love of chipboard letters and unexpectedly the colourscheme was pink, orange and lime green.. well, quite manly if you ever saw motocross gear in the 90's !

Happy Father's Day Col, lovely to know you're having fun again.. and it does it for me to see you fighting that bike..x



P.S. JB's been busy working on a card for Col, all her own work, she has stitched it, chalked it and found a perfect verse. She's even managed to use some of my stuff I haven't even used yet, and said to me 'you'd love me to do scrapbooking with you wouldn't you?' Mmm sure would, could use someone in the house nudging me into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)