Wednesday 26 December 2012

365/360-1 On my table & Delight

Well what a day!! A delight in itself and floors and table creaking with the presents, the food, the drink. It was a great day, we got up about 9.30am and returned, bushed, in our beds about 1.30am today!!!  I am a very lucky lady, so many lovely presents.. handbags and scarves in the plurals and many other goodies..chocs and smelly things, all my favourites from Sanctuary Spa and Estee Lauder!

Our great pal Michele called from the States and that was lovely too, and I have been so busy I haven't even made time to call my brother yet.. though vice versa, but we will.. we kind of agree that if we ever miss a moment it is not with malice, just the things going on at the time!

My biggie though was getting the Olly Murs album from Lisa and her family.. 'Olly Murs??' I see you frown?... 'She never mentioned him before'... ahh, and here's the twist.. I got his album as all the Robbie ones sold out.. ...still frowning?? Well I know that Olly is support for Robbie on his stadium tour next year.. and yes, they bought us two tickets for Robbie, abley supported by Olly in June, about two weeks after Col's 50th birthday.. wow, it's going to be a great summer, and all those weeks to plan, wonder and anticipate.. (and make sure my prompt fits the bill and is in on time if I am away.. how good am I Jen, it was my ...errr.. twenty third thought after sheer delight, huge grinning and yes, almost tears!)

Seriously though, we have seen Robbie before but this is like.. err.. my Olympics!
I had talked about the David Cassidy event that Sandie another 365 blogger went to, but I think Col stopped short on booking it as it had Hot Chocolate and Leo Sayer too and all those ladies.. he just couldn't do it.. and Robbie is still NOW isn't he!!

Thinking on the pics I have to share, perhaps our best moment early in the day was Kate getting her 'main present'.  Now you may know that she and April (Ross' g/f) go to pole exercise / dance classes. Kate used to do acrobatics and gym so it is kind of her 'thing' an she needs to keep up with something flexible and dance-ified..but she doesn't always get time off evening work to go to classes, and even then they are busy.....well we bought her this long oblong present..

...is it my main one?..
...might be..
..is it what I think?...
...A keyboard?
...Keyboard?
..Yes, keyboard?
....What? you got me a keyboard? really?
...Why, don't you want a keyboard ? (she doesn't even do music!)
..Why would you buy me a keyboard.. (grinning, she knows..)

.. opens the box, huge huge grinning and Col puts it up, in my kitchen, we walk past it every time we go to the oven or fridge or sink.. but she is happy, so happy.. and so are we (it will be moved.. next week..!)


Yes, we had Ketchup on our table too!!
My best Christmas dinner yet.. hot hot hot and everyone at home.. next year Zac will be somewhere hot!

Dig In!

Two dinners down, all she needs to do now is lie down!
Dom on Dinner 2 as well.. these other halves are so devoted to the Jones clan..xx
 

 
 ... and doesn't Lipsy make dresses just for Kate..>>>

The lovely, funny Lyla..x

I'm in this one!!!! and someone said 'Cheese' (but not the smelly Stilton Tom & I love!)


7 comments:

  1. The pole is amazing, must rank as the most unusual present I've heard of this year! Family dinner looks so good, all those young people. I was youngest at our dinner and I'm no spring chicken. My great aunt was there and she is 92!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great time...love the pole in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, wow, wow ! Gorgeous photos Kathi and that pole ... If I didn't fear killing myself ...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still smiling at your lovely family, glad you were in one :)

    LOL to the pole present and where you have put it too!!! have you secretly tried it yet? ....xxxx

    Peter had tickets to Top Hat, not long to anticipate, we go Jan 10th and he was so pleased like you. and yes we have Ollie Murs CD's in this house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL re the pole, I had best not tell Amanda, (especially with a birthday coming up!!!) Looks like you had a fantastic day. :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pole dancing just seems like a very rude occupation doesn't it?!
    Lovely family dinner pics, happy, happy, happy.
    My faves are definitely the Lyla And The Hat sequence!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. do tell of the 'weekly challenge'.....

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)