Saturday 22 December 2012

365/356-7 Something Red..and Green

Oh I am loving these latest prompts, no-one could find it hard to find pictures for these most festive of colours. As you may have read before my house has many bits of redness, walls in the kitchen and carpets in most of the rest of the house. Being granite and kind of dark inside when you wish for light, the red makes up for it with warmth.

I am writing on Saturday but I think my Christmas break officially started on Thursday when I got to have the girls overnight.  I was laid back Thursday, just let them play at home so by Friday morning there was a need to get out.. and get out we did.. firstly Ross cut my holly.. yes, he got what he called promotion to 'tree cutting son'.. haha, not like Zac is fighting for that job really!   The weather was due to turn wet wet wet again today so I figured grab a window of dryness and get cutting.

 April and I took the girls and Pops came out too, we all like to consider the main branches, whether they are prickly enough and how they will look when pushed into the corner of my kitchen.   


The tree is now in the porch and Zac and I are going to hang it up soon.

After this we went over to Porthcurno and Kate came too, it was not cold or windy but there was a big surf coming in. Ross went off and took some photos for my monthly view in case we don't get that way during January Week 1... he is buying into it with me.  For anyone who is wondering what I'm on about, have a look at the pre-January notes here: 2013 Blogging.

....I must also take this chance to introduce to our 365+1 crew a new recruit for 2013, Joy from the USA and I found each other and as she is new to blogging and I suggested she might like to jion us next year to use ur challenges and photo prompts to give her something to strat a blod enty about.., you know how one blog comment and 'Next Post' browsing can bring you to reading someone's blog.  Joy has joined our challenge and I am following her, you can catch up with Joy here.

the best of days..
The main reason for the trip out west..we took flowers to my Mum & Dad..it's as much part of Christmas as the things we all do at home.. special places and people, all of them.
I had to go out for an hour so left Ross and April in charge.. well the girls were in charge really but Ross had two trumpcards: a tired baby girl and Elf, the movie..he is proving to be quite an Uncle..

By the time I got back Zac had arrived straight from college..and Lisa & Tom soon after , so a quieter evening. Kate at work but when she got hom, ready for bed I was struck by how alike she and Zac look..



.. and the red & green for your Christmas album..

a robin at Porthcurno and Zac securing my holly in the kitchen today..

fully dressed pictures tomorrow..xx




6 comments:

  1. What a lovely start to your Christmas week. Enjoy. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh one of my favourite posts and sets of photos from you Kathi. It all looks so joyful, I especially love the perspective of you pulling littl 'un up the sand.

    What a great activity to go and get the greenery. :D

    Well done on finding Joy and a new recruit, I am straight off there now to welcome her :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice photos Kathi, you made me wish Christmas comes sooner. What a lovely family you have !xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely pre Christmas celebrations you are having. I love your photos

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)