Thursday 6 December 2012

365/340-1 Corner-curly

I tried so hard to upload this last night, but it wasn't playing ball on my phone!

This is Lyla at the hospital,, waiting on a check-up for new baby brother or sister. (all good there.. just need to coax it out of breech in the next six weeks!)  There were two doors and three corners so she loved hiding in them, an I knew the word, so hey presto!

 She also sports a cut eye, hit the corner of the desk! Double prompt word score!

JB had a great birthday, we ate out at the Seafood Cafe and later went on to the Hub where she and Ross worked in the summer and surprise surprise another ten people there waiting for us.. cake, drinks, presents, friends what more does a girlie want?
(mmm, well cooked swordfish perhaps.. but prima donna chefs just won't listen will they!)

Only Zac was missing, well Tom too but he was poorly and babysat instead, so we will try again for the full Bingo Card when Zac is back over Xmas .. x  We sent him this message from Dad while we were out..

Today has been eventful. We are having three phase power pout in and we had no electric from 10am til almost 5... amazing the things you think of doing and then realise you can't as you need power.  So much of our lives are internet based now, banking, email sales and shopping!  The office and workshop used a generator for a while but by 3 it was dark, all the cars had been wahsed and tidy welding bays sorted so we calle dit a day.. call it a Christmas shopping day! 

Col had a better idea for me, he made me a fire indoors and I wrapped alomst 3/4 of my presents!  Still slightly odd, by daylight and with no TV or radio.. but it was nice and made me think of why my folks used to get up early and go to be early in winter to use the best of the day out working on the field.

I did venture into the office a bit.. the guys had been planning some work and ended up using the white board for their own kind of air hockey!!
(or was it curling..ta da!)

Well it will be a day to remember for them!


mmm, curly.. well howabout this lovely cloudy curly sky I stopped to photograph on the way home this morning.. it looked better than the picture to be fair..


4 comments:

  1. 6 wks...wow that went quick, hope baby behaves and gets turned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No electricity, yes that's like the end of everything. How can one survive without Internet !!!
    Like your clouds a lot. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Power cuts were common enough weren't they, they are rare now and usually planned, as yours was. It definitely changed the pace of a normal day didn't it.

    Helen is right, it can't be 6 weeks...I had May in my mind?

    Well done on the photos, they are brill. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day and celebrations. Can't believe it is only 6 wks til #3 arrives!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)