Thursday 13 December 2012

365/348 Edible

Mmmm so many things to eat at this time of year.. though today not feeling too festive as poor Kate has come home from school sick.. not the usual 'sick of school' .. hahah!! .. and I had just been listening to an article about this awful winter virus and talking to her about it, but seems we may be too late. 

At least we are a small contingent at home for a few days and can use a bathroom each to limit the effects.. shame though as we girlies were planning to go to see Great Expectations this evening..

..although I know you aren't meant to eat anything I do like to try and keep some sugars going in.. so I asked what she fancied..fruit pastilles..ahh a hard call, but true to form, rummaging in a bag of wrapped presents, my guess was right, a tube of pick'n'mix complete with tootie fruities, fruit gums and the fancied pastilles!  It was nice too, not a bag stuffed in the tube.. a tube full in its own right.. ahh the little things of life!

..evening report now, isn't it odd how when looking after someone who is a bit poorly you feel kinda off colour, but you're not quite sure if it's real.. my motto is to keep eating! .. and JB has made some chelsea buns for us in the office ..secret Santa tomorrow but poor Col is stuck in the Midlands, I found him a great call for the morning (not a really popular wifey at the minute!)

4 comments:

  1. Poor Kate. I hope the pastilles help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself all of you, you don't want a nasty virus to spoil your Xmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your offer today - jelly candy - right?
    I had a colleague who ate only that, when she starved.
    She said they are very useful.
    I would like to try it too.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Kate feels better soon and you all keep clear.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)