Thursday 18 October 2012

365/292 Public transport

Writing this in drafts at lunchtime, Col bought home some Subway salads last night and I just had one for lunch.. not bad at all.. his attempts to detour past Domino's so he can have some gins and chocolate in the evening if he has eaten better! Oh how we like to play with pains and rewards when it comes to eating and drinking nice things!

Few titbits of info.. a quote of the week from our Lilly...'I'm not happy at all Mummy, I cought hiccups off someone at school'  Priceless.. and yesterday she was the Harvest Mouse at school.. so so cute. You just have so much more time to enjoy the little moments with grand children, I guess if I am honest it's because you don't have to do the every day stuff... Lisa says that 'Grandchildren are your reward for having teenagers!'   She should know.. but what doesn't kill you makes you.. stronger? (or maybe it just makes you more realistic when yours become teenagers too ;-)..)

Off to get my hair cut later.. should be able to get something for the prompt.. the bridge beneath the hairdressers is small and full of traffic at tea time.. cute though, not like a motorway.. will see what I can do.

The guy who cuts my hair came down here from Gloucester before I had Lisa and she is 24 now! He rented a seat to start with and then got his own salon and came round to tell me, I was still pregnant with her then.  25 years later he has three grown up kids and mine all still go to him, Lisa with her two girls as well.. we laugh that we should have a silver anniversary.. maybe if I am early I'll take him some chocs!   We have seen each other through all kinds of stuff and when you spend a few hours together every six weeks or so you do end up as friends don't you, in fact I guess I see him more than some of my friends.. and as you know you can tell your hairdresser anything!!.. but it's funny, we'd probably not know what to say if we met at the pub!

Well I missed the daylight traffic chaos at teatime on Newlyn Bridge, but this is my view from Penzance Harbour car park at 7.30pm.  You can just see the Scillonian all lit up across the harbour.. clearly a nicer pic than the local bus!


(PS and such a high tide, as I drove down Newlyn Pier it was like driving through a marina, the boats all at pier level getting ready for the fine weather trip!)

2 comments:

  1. Really very beautiful picture! Very romantic! Congratulations!
    "Love your grandchildren -
    they will take revenge your children for you! " - Smile!
    Keep good mood!
    Happy haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the Lily story. As you say, priceless. Your Penzance photo is exquisite ! xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)