Tuesday 16 October 2012

365/289-90 Door-cement..

(Monday) Just pre-empting by writing this in the office..then grabbing the quick moment indoors when I can upload this. I am not sure which door will feature, the one which springs to mind is St Levan church door, I remember wishing I was old enough to manage the handle when I was a kid and now I am always quietly pleased when I can open it easily.. big kid that I am..

..it's a case of lift, pull towards you and turn whilst keeping it lifted.. ahh that loud noise when someone fights the handle to get the latch to lift and then the creak of the door and the turn of heads to see who is late..

We (that's him and me) are off out tonight to see Mark Watson at Hall for Cornwall in Truro. It's a bit of a spur of the moment thing, as opposed to the long awaited job when we have seen Rhod Gilbert or Micky Flanagan..

.. we are trying hard to diet so I am starving hungry.. a bowl of porridge and then maybe a salady pizza thing from Pizza express at 10.30 if I am lucky.. but the rain has started and that could put a damper on my evening....see you!

(Tuesday)  well in case you didn't know it, let me tell you that Truro closes at 9.50pm precisely on a Monday!  The show was good ( a very energetic guy and consistently funny, not side splittingly so, but reliably and sometimes unexpectedly!) 
I was looking forward to my Pizza..but alas it was not to be.. we were turned away at Pizza Express and Mannings and then Ask was 'Open til 11pm' but the girl said she would have to 'check with the kitchen' as it was empty and we guessed they were hoping for an early finish. We told them not to bother, not feeling like eating something made by a pissed off chef!
Luckily Kate finished work early and zac called as we were driving home so it all fell into place, though eating beans on toast at 11pm in my sitting troom was a little less than I had planned..good though, almost double cooked and with curry paste! mmmmm

More hmmms.. this time pondering.. cement!?  Well it's a library pic for me today.. but you know when you go to an air day and from a girlie point of view all you can see is cement.. as far as the eye can see?  Well Zac and Col (and JB for that fact this year, making a mockery of my last comment) can't see the cement for the wonderful planes and air displays.

.. 2010 in Farnborough >>

7 comments:

  1. lol- glad you had a great night out even if you didn't get to enjoy pizzahut. I bet the beans on toast were very welcome by that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great takes on the prompts. Glad you enjoyed your night out even if you had to "dine" at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am back blog catching up!!
    Sorry Monday didn't turn out as you planned xx
    As I read your cement part I suddenly realised I could have shown you our toen, we had a 'cement' king Sydney Little in the 1930's!! Should have read your blog before I blogged!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good night even with beans on toast-not quite the same as an expected pizza but maybe another night for pizza. Love the big church door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes things don't go to plan, but end up nicely !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good night out apart from the let down of food, but then that is Truro for you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on diet and wonderful photos!
    I also behind with reading and comments. I would like you to know that your post - distant, is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)