Sunday 22 May 2011

Long week!

Lots happened but not sure most of it is worth blogging! Work has been mad busy and on top of that we had our yard tarmaced, it was a week long job and took 14 wagons worth of the black stuff.

Funniest moment was after our veteran cat Joey decided to play Mr Cool and walk across the just laid layer.. talk about hot tin roof!  Early evening he was spotted again, walking very gingerly along the concrete at the very edge, tentatively touching the black every now and then for fear of being caught out the second time..!  And for all the cat lovers, he was fine.. no one puts Joey in a corner!  Today in the sun he was seen enjoying the warmth, so he wasn't off sides with us for long.

Best news yesterday was that Kate and two of her friends got 90% plus, Distinctions in their Grade 5 acrobatics exams. They were in the exam for almost 45 minutes and it was a tense time, they're all friends but a couple of times Kate has missed a grade by just one point, so happy this year they all got equal recognition.
The tears as they all came out the door made your heart stop, but so good that they all used the adrenalin of the exams to achieve some really hard tricks and stretches..


Jordan and I had to go to Truro in the week and I took the chance to go to the Range for some crafty shopping (!)  Loving a bargain I bought some Fiskars embossing sheets which were reduced, thinking they'd double up for masking with inks etc...but on closer inspection at home, and thinking more clearly I realised that I really now need a framework for them, so promptly got myself one of those yesterday! 

Buy in haste, repent at leisure.. maybe that should be one of my cannibalised mottoes! But to be honest, I've been playing with them and have got some nice results, so I'm sure they'll not be quite the White Elephant I'd feared... so watch this space. (I have plans to do 'easy teas' this week while my man is on his travels, so I can get some serious scrapping done..)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need a quieter week after last week. Easy teas - love them!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)