Wednesday 4 May 2011

Attitude...what?... me?

It was a real girlie afternoon, I took our Kate to town and got her a spray tan, all in readiness for her Christmas present this coming weekend... Model School!  I know it's rather indulgent but she works so hard to make herself look nice and it does kind of add a little to the whole experience..doesn't it) She got an 8%, apparently your percentage depends on your skin tone.. and the county you live in...ala Essex orange!

No, it should be great fun and hopefully give her a little taste of how life could be. (I just hope that the people running the course emphasise how a good education is also a necessity for the budding globe-trotting model girl. It's quite hard at the moment to motivate her much where education is concerned, so maybe a little encouragement to be more fluent in French or something would be quite timely!)

Anyway, as ever I digress.... en route to the beauty shop we called in at New Look, always a quick sortie to check out the latest additions.   In the shoe aisles I swapped ducks with an old friend of our family, I guess she's known me since I was about six or seven and once used to pick violets for mum & dad.  It was great to catch up and we swapped news and stuff, agreeing that us girls definitely love being able to buy ten years with the odd hair colour here and there.

Looking at Kate I introduced her as my 'baby girl' and my friend laughed and told her that she used to know me 'when I had an attitude'....'attitude?' asked Kate, she was made up to think that I used to be a bolshy teenager myself.  Not that I deny it, maybe that's why on the one hand I give mine a fair bit of lee-way, and on the other hand I rein them in, remembering the scrapes I might have got myself in at that age!

So much for nostalgia eh...sometimes other people have memories which bite you on the bum!

1 comment:

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)