Friday 24 September 2010

That was the week that was..

.. dear JB she WAS brave bunny...has smiled just about all the way through the week despite what must have been a very sore time. Back to school today and normality returns. They've had a sad time there of late, losing one of their popular young PE teachers in a surfing incident the other week. All a growing time for the kids though, interesting to hear them talking about the other staff and kid's reactions and perhaps good time to revisit their own losses and compare.

Not much else to report this week..Ross started his Access to HE course and Zac is writing his personal statement for UCAS application. Interestingly it seems to work against him when he writes about growing up with us running an engineering firm as it's hard not to sound like you're blowing your own trumpet when some kids in the same situation would only have had the chance to sweep the floor!

Kate and I bonded over some online maths homework last night.. but with a trendy 13 year old, I guess that's cool and I should be grateful for these small mercies!

And my interesting fact of the week.. we must be moving in the same vein as the Americans, always bigger and better products.... earlier in the week I bemoaned that medium sliced bread is now the equivalent of 1960's thin sliced.. but yesterday I discovered the latest addition to bread heaven...'doorstep sliced'

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though things are getting sorted in your house so hope you are finding time to relax
    Hugs
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, all that's on the agenda this w/e is Lisa's house move!! but out for tea Sunday night and that'll keep me going, the thought of one less meal to cook!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)