Wednesday 8 September 2010

Great start...

... taking a tip from the way kids run things these days, with their celebrations for birthdays, weddings and the like lasting upwards of a week, I met Linda today for a pre-birthday lunch.  We started with a glass of wine and talked so much we almost forgot to have the food which would soak the wine up before we headed off to the school run..

I told Linda how I'd watched a programme about Liz Smith last night, she is 86 and was on her first proper holiday...a cruise on the Hebridian Princess around the Med.  (for those of you frowning, Liz Smith played Nana in the Royal Family)  Pondering the enslaught of my 50th birthday I had quickly calculated that if I get to 86 I will have the time I've been with Colin another twice over... so that's not bad is it... wonder if he's up to it?

Anyways, the weekend starts here, tuna readied for a barbecue, it's still (just) a summer's day here, so out to eke it out as long as possible!

Spoke to my (always) big brother yesterday, seems Ross and his posse slept the first night in a French field, lost... and had still not appeared at Ken's doorstep 24 hours later...what they need is Google-Kath's maps... I plan Colin's trips away on Google maps to get the least long journeys and am known in the office as Bomber Jones!

Took few photos at lunch.. will add later.. PC and phone software allowing...hic!

4 comments:

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)