Wednesday 29 September 2010

Change is as good as a rest..

.. is the old adage and luckily it seems to work for me. All my pals who watch this space have been telling me to have a rest and a few easy days, but whilst it has been less stressful with less toing and froing, the last few days have been quite busy.

Lovely to say I've seen my grand daughter almost every day this past week and really enjoyed having her about. She is so funny, like a little parrot with a personality, though Zac and I both observed we may need to 'watch our language' when she repeated 'bloody peas' as I rummaged in the freezer at teatime!  At the weekend she spent a lot of time with us and Saturday night I had a real frenzy of activity, getting the house tidied etc so that Sunday I wouldn't be looking around wishing I had done chores before.

She is such a busy bee, the girls, Zac and I (all pretty much Dr Who fans) agreed that Lilly is like a Dr Who character who feeds off the energy of others, renders them incapacitated afterwards and consequently has boundless energies herself!

Jordan has had her top brace fitted and has had a few devilish days, but seems to be coming out the other side now.. she says she has a yearning for a Domino's Pizza.. maybe Falmouth Saturday night, who knows?

Plenty to look forward to at the w/e....Col back from yet another trip around the highways and byways of England & Wales, Kate has long dance rehearsals at the w/e and my great pal Hazel is about for a few days, so I'm hoping a little sortie to take flowers to Mum and a sneaky coffee at the Minack will be in order... mind you, there was a text mentioning a wetsuit and possible donutting.. dear thing, obviously that 60th birthday celebration back in February has addled her brain!

Small mention that it's my Mum's anniversary tomorrow.. two years. I used to wonder how old people could keep track of so many dates like these over the years, as a teenager I couldn't understand the seemingly morbid nature of remembering the days each year, but now I know that when the dates are yours, like children, you can always add another and keep special places for them all.
(funny little pic here from a Christmas breakfast, both on deafult face maybe!!)

1 comment:

  1. It is good not to forget those dates though.

    Hope JB isn't suffering too much - Amanda & I send our sympathy, she is suffering and I can still remember the discomfort :(.xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)