Saturday 11 September 2010

Feels the same..

.. even though I've finally arrived in the second half of my century.. God help the kids if I make it for the full second half.. or extra time even!!   I kind of have a thought that we don't really know we're in the world for the first 15 years, so essentially I'm no more than 35 yet..

Zac and I spent the day travelling to and from Cardiff for a University visit.. a bit surreal when you get there and feel like you've been teleported to another country..which I guess you have. It's much more 'Welsh' than I remember it.. perhaps since it now has it's own assembly etc.  

It was a good day, we saw and learnt lots about the University and its armed him with a better idea of what he needs to glean from the 3 he visits this week.. yes, Bath, Loughborough and Exeter by this time next week.  Col's doing the first two and I'm meeting them for Exeter.  I went there myself '79-82 so I have to try hard not to take him on a Exeter equivalent of Mum's nostalgia tour, but hopefully what I can add will help not hinder!

Before we came home, we had a quick sortie into the town, got the obligatory pizza (Italian restaurant not Domino's.. but plenty of them next week!) .. and we had a beer each..me and my 18 year old son eh?!

We were dead beat when we got home and it was hard to be as enthusiastic as a birthday required when faced with a pile of pink pressies..but I tried!... failed miserably amongst people who know me too well, but as I said I tried!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a busy day and you can't be perfect all the time LOL xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez, you're wearing well for an old bird! Didn't realise you were that old!! love your family orientated life - quite envious really.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome in the secret world of "those who know" haha. I was out for work last week so I couldn't get in touch but anyhow leslie and I hope you make it towards the one hundred as you made it halfway. Give our regards to all persons you had to endure on the magic day. Love and kisses

    L & F

    ReplyDelete
  4. epic cake, on J.B accounts no doubts x well done x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)