Tuesday 14 September 2010

Catching up..

.. on blogging news and some sleep.. it was a busy weekend.. no great events really but kept busy doing things we enjoy, but a few early mornings need compensating for now.. yawn. 

Saturday was the dance run and then I went with Lisa & Lilly to take flowers to Mum & Dad. It was a fine day and good to top up the homeland levels over a special weekend..we always comment on the fab view from the Mariner's Lodge corner, Lisa said it's why we live here and why everyone wishes they did too.  We lazed about at home in the afternoon, Lilly ate her weight in nibbles from Nannie's cupboard and discovered that cats can be quite grumpy really when you try to brush them with sand and a stick!

Sunday Col and I got up early to have a few hours out in the boat, we didn't fish much, made out way up to Penberth & Porthcurno bays and bobbed about chatting and enjoying the views from the sea...'There you are,' said Colin, 'you can't say I never take you to Penberth!'  It really is a different view from the sea, and I'm so glad we got the boat and get out that way so often..those granite cliffs seem to recharge my batteries ... maybe I'm a closet pagan and Treryn Castle is my Merry Maidens or Stonehenge?
We picked Col's dad up at 10am and had a run over to the Mount, again really nice to see places from a different viewpoint. I'm even learning to drive the boat, perhaps that'll be my equivalent of those people who take up sky diving at 40?.. well I always said I've lost my 'danger gene' so this'll do me.

When we got home it was Zac's paintball training day, 5 or 6 of them playing down the field.. definitely big boys and their toys.  We took the little ones down and picked some blackberries, well Lilly ate some to be true. I did an early barbecue and by 8pm when the Help for Heroes concert started it felt like we'd really done something that day.

The concert was good, edited a lot I think, wish the comedians got more air time. We were glad we didn't go all the way to Twickenham for it,.. but boy, old Robbie still 'entertains you'.  (Hey, Linda and I were chatting and discovered that we'd both been at Robbie William's Millenium stadium concert about 6 years ago..wonder how often people's lives cross before they actually meet.. the old Sliding Doors scenario I guess..)

1 comment:

  1. Good grief how busy, well at least you are not slowing down no your 50 LOL
    Hugs
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)