Sunday 19 September 2010

Job done!

What a week.. we seem to have been on the run all week, Col on calls and then Uni visits with Zac and me here with all kinds of appointments and then up to Exeter to meet them for the day yesterday.

It was a fabulous day weather-wise and we got a tour of Engineering and lots more around the Uni, it has grown so much (yeah, yeah well it would in 25 years+!) but it had a really good feeling and I think Zac may have it for his first choice!  If so it is purely on its own merits and not on my pressure.. honest.

It would be great though, and things would be so different now to when I went, we could go visit with the girls (well, they would shop and say a quick Hi!) and Col could call in and say hi (or more likely deliver boys toys) when passing. A far cry from being delivered there by a kind Uncle and my Mum getting there once in three years..but things change and we are all so much more mobile today.

I was so so weary when we got in, I think it was one of those weeks where you keep going and keep going, then it's over and you flop. Well, flop I did, into bed, before 7pm and stayed there til 11am today..aided and abbetted by tea and toast from my love, it was just what I needed.  Catching up now, washing and a proper tea, Jordan's favourite too, lasagne, as she reckons she'll be on a diet of yoghurts and milkshakes for a few days after her orthodontic op tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the uni trips went well. Sounds like you need a good break. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have done a great job and deserve the break xx Any luck sorting a holiday out??

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)