Tuesday 27 October 2009

Family heirloom.

It's half term and I took a few hours off this afternoon to bake with Kate.. we made a whole batch of buns, (some with Rolos melted inside...!), flapjacks, apple cake and Mum's favourite Coffee cake.

I have my Mum's old scales too.. a 1946 wedding present, used and loved for over 60 years, with an enamel pan and original Imperial weights. In fact the 16oz weight went missing and the replacement, if it were to be returned to rightful owners, would be down Penberth Cove on the fish weigh scales!

Jordan has earmarked the scales for her kitchen of the future, guess dating back to her grandparent's wedding, they will be quite a point of interest for her kids too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)