Sunday 18 August 2013

What a week!

Anne prompted us this week to photograph the irrelevant, but my week has been so busy with the important and people I know and love that there's not much irrelevant in there!  So, a few pics and also an update of a few of my views overdue from last week.. it should keep Zac up-to-date as well..

After our lovely evening with pals down on hols, we spent a few hours out on the boat Friday from 12-4 and the weather definitely turned on the charm. 

An hour later Col had interviewed and hired a new welder, so he was a happy bunny, then we met same friends for supper.. Jb came too and I took some lovely pics.. Pizza Express cheesecake and her and Col. 


















It's only 7 months since her birthday but she has grown in so many ways in that time.


It was a little celebration too as she got her A level results Thursday  two A* for photography and graphics , a D for English  (but she was on the wane with that so was happy enough since she almost dropped it anyways..) oh and an A for AS Fine Art, proud of that as she has never found 'drawing' per se easy and had to work hard to develop a style.. 


It's very exciting for her really as she has decided not to go the Uni route and has even decided against a year at college doing extra Art choices, mostly as this again is a route to Uni and there is always a lot of pressure and presumption which can be quite wearing I think.
anyway, she has a job, has applied for another and has plans to save and probably get herself into the catering business next year, not sure of the specifics but she works hard, enjoys it and learns lots... go Girl, even I am excited for her that she has a blank canvas and can please herself, so many kids just don't have the guts and confidence to give that a go and find themselves at the same limbo state three years later.. we shall see..

August view updates!


August Window View.
 This is the view from where my original Window View was taken. Col is very busy and away a lot so we are not moving everything into the new kitchen til he has done the plumbing and we can use it for real!  








The ceiling needs painting and the old kitchen remains untidy and overdone, so I am showing the view that way too.. urghh!

We have painted the middle room magnolia (well April did) and I think the end room may go that way too, it does look lighter even though I LOVE my red!
August Yard.. Still Skippy, Zac's car awaiting his return.. awhh.. xx

4 comments:

  1. Glad you have had a great week with friends and family. Well done JB and so pleased she knows what she wants to do and that she has your wonderful support too you are a great Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kitchen is looking fab. Well done to JB for her exams and sounds great that she knows what she is going to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen looks really nice. Congratulations to JB for doing so well. She has some exciting times ahead of her. She seems to be a very mature young lady with a good head on her shoulders. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, you kitchen is fabulous ! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)