Saturday 31 August 2013

Time flies! Picture heavy post!

I feel so bad for not joining into the challenge I set, I had so much to say about jobs and things and this week I love B&W pictures, Lynne's prompt was so clever.
i have added in some of my pics and hope they link in okay.

But we have just had a really busy time of it. I can't quite put my finger on what we have been doing but here I am two weeks later and no posts with news since 18th..

Soooo.. Kate got her GCSE results!  She did good.  My main aim was for her to get the C or above in Maths & English so she wouldn't have to slog away at these again once she starts the beauty course.  Well there was that B for maths in the bag last November so I was hopeful and sure enough she made the English a C and the box is ticked.   She got B equivalents in double dance and then a bunch of Cs in Science, Textiles and Childcare.  

I am a happy bunny, she had some teen angst (read boyfriend troubles) all through the exams so it must have been her coursework which pulled her through (not like in our day when it meant you had to 'pass' exams and wrote til your arm ached essays for about three hours at a time)

She is fun.. the other day she was saying that we should have a mother / daughter tattoo! So I go along and chat about it, no intention really...but as we left for her results i threw into conversation that the tattoo was a Go if she got an A .. now you have to realise I know how much she studies and my skin is safe!But she did get an A* in one piece of Childcare, I think coursework, but for me it shows that if she ever did want to turn on the exam ability then she does have it.

For now though she has 4 different jobs.. working at the Chinese, the Chippy, an Avon round and a few nights at the Indian which is next to the Chinese.. anyone in her town will definitely look twice when she pops up at the next eatery! She has a good work ethic and will never go without, I am content.

..these pictures of her prom day really do look different in B&W.. I had to use the 'overexposed' edit on my phone so it makes them quite extreme!






We have had the girls over quite a bit, April does a great job entertaining them, home made play dough, gardening, little sleeping beds for Joey the cat (who they were both terrified of a couple of months ago!)






Jordan has done her bit, she is baking Auntie!  Lyla is turning very funny while Lilly is quite mature and takes the big sister (disapproving sometimes) role quiet seriously!







We have eaten outside quite a bit and the kitchen is close (we had a bit of a glitch with the adjustment needing a fresh eye ) and Col just needs to do the plumbing in for me..






oh and here is an alternative August Mount View.. I was down there one evening and they floodlit the castle so this is another sad phone shot!




Just to keep it posted and up to date.. this is the local paper bit about Jordan and her pals..note that she has already inherited the Jones trait of 'relevant information / BS' as her A in Fine Art was an AS and she left out mention of her less satisfying English!  She will go far in sales and blarney xxxx


Lastly these shots of Col & his dad with Annabelle one evening when we had the girls over.. again a not great effect mode on my phone as I have no PC indoors to tweak pics on at the moment!


.. definitely a different viewpoint when you look at the two pictures Lynne x













7 comments:

  1. Great shots, Kathi. The last photo looks like it is 200 years old !!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy YOU!!...but so pleased you have managed to blog this week as we all like to catch up on your news, I am scanning at the moment photos to finishe your blog challenge on jobs tonight as nothing on TV!!

    Loved seeing how all the children and grandchildren are growing and developing x

    Gosh the photo in B&W of Col and Dad looks 'old' compared to the colour one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done kate on the gcse's and jordans fame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. It is lovely to catch up with you.
    Well done to Kate for passing her exams. Her jobs show she must be a hard worker.
    That is a lovely photo of Jordan in the paper.
    The B&W photo is lovely but I think I still prefer colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very busy but very enjoyable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post and your photos. Congrats to Kate for doing so well on her exams.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)