Saturday 7 August 2010

New toys!

They always say, don't they that the only difference between men & boys is the price of their toys...which incidentally must mean that our Zac has been a man for a few years already begining with his archery kit and now culminating in an arsenal of paintball weaponry which has pride of place hung on his bedroom wall.. next to the electronic drum kit and X-box!

Anyways, as ever, I digress.. had a fab day at Just Scrapbooking today, a small crew but we welcomed a new lady who we hope will be a regular at our Saturday crop. It was great to catch up with everyone, and apologies to Linda for me and Yvonne 'not paying attention to her tutorial, and talking too much at back of class!!'

I added to my own arsenal of crafting weaponry, at last conceding that I need some inks and blending tools..and this evening I played with them, enhancing some of the sample embossing bits I ran through my Cuttlebug.  Quietly I could see Jordan earmarking this technique or that, this embossing border or another, for the next Birthday Card she is asked to make by the rest of the offspring!

For layouts I worked on some of the Minack photos from our recent Nostalgia Tour and also the haybales picture below..I was really happy with them both, so the photos will have to wait.. indoor photos on my bemoaned phone do not do them justice!

Well, it's an early boating session tomorrow so should drag the crowd off to their beds..hoping to feel a little less like an old crock when I wake up, keep feeling like I've just done a round or two with Joe Bugner (mmm, that'll age me)... think maybe I need a chiropractor appointment but our favourite lady left and until now I could not be bothered to go through the learning phase with someone new.. so perhaps I'll try a light beating up by the sports therapy lady I know first!

Keep planning to start my fitness regime (haha, WHAT fitness regime you may ask.. note also the lack of any mention of healthy eating or exercise for almost the whole of the life of this blog!).. current start date is my 50th birthday.. in about a month.. but hey, now I hear it's Cardiff Uni Open Day on that very day, followed by a clutch of other Open Days Zac is looking to attend.. so, other than walking up hill (Exeter) and down dale.. well, harbours (Cardiff maybe) I can't see me getting any regime in place this side of...errr..2011 !!

1 comment:

  1. I see that you are in the fitness and health mode as well. I am working myselve to be able to climb Mont Blanc mountain with these guys that are halve my age haha. Anyhow, leslie says hi as well. We hope everybody is in good spirit !

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)