Saturday 26 June 2010

Essence of a Summer's Day.

It's Mazey Day and Penzance was alive with people, processions with huge paper mache creatures, food, drink, stalls selling things of every kind and every colour. Sunny and warm, everyone looked like they were having fun.  I went on my own, Kate and her friends went and did their own thing, quite a change from previous years where I've had someone or other in tow...  it was okay, really okay to be on my own. Funny to buy only one (banana & chocolate!) crepe and to please myself, but guess I'm going to get used to that.  Saw a lot of old faces and spoke to some.. I kind of find it reassuring to sit and watch people go by knowing that I knew them once, and some of them I know now, and that they make up the place I regard as home.

There's a new Linen shop opened in town and the name rang a bell, so I ventured in and asked if they ran a store in St Austell maybe.. yes! The people who own it are a couple we met on holiday last year.. small world eh? I'm hoping we may catch up when they are down again... it's a great shop, Penzance is surely in need of a good linen store.

I met my scrapbook pal Linda for lunch, we ate at Blue Snappa where Ross works and we have such a laugh when we get together.. today's topics covered the usual : kids, work and stuff, but we managed to include nude bathers, gorgeous young men and bird phobias in that lot too.....you can imagine!

Everyone else has been busy, enjoying the day in their own way.. JB home here, tidying, drawing and installing a fab new stereo Col just picked up (which I'm now listening to... all the old 70's favourites and now Coldplay, some angst for the 40-somethings!)
This is Eddie one of Jordan's new characters.. took her 5 hours to make a doodle into this picture using her graphics tablet etc..she's working on a Celebrity Cleudo game for her Graphics GCSE which should be fantastic if she takes as much care..

Zac's been out working at a paintball site, running some games, what's better than to earn money doing something you do yourself for fun (ahh, sounds like Colin's progression from scuba to professional diver to me!) 
Ross has been working his socks off, double shifts at Snappa and then he's running the bar for the Mazey Day Ball..til 3am. He's already text me earlier this week to apologise for being so spaced tomorrow.. an apology in anticipation!
Col's been home here busy with a new project, he's loving getting to grips with something mechanical and being out of the office..and I quite like to see him in overalls too.. but that's another story..

I'm completing the summer feel with tuna barbecue with new potatoes and salad followed by... strawberries, trifle (if you like) and cream....add a few bottles of wine and the day is sorted..hic!

1 comment:

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)