Wednesday 14 April 2010

I'm not 'so vain'

(...small homage there to my favourite Carly Simon track)

Spent a bit of time this evening sorting out a Picasa album to share with some of you..the scrapbook album below was okay but left a bit to be desired on the photo quality front..

I asked Jordan to add any photos she thought told the story of our trip.. and this is what she wanted to add.  It took a minute but I conceded, only after I'd added one of her..

We had such a fantstic time snorkelling everyday, Col & I even got up and were in at 8am for an hour or so before the kids even mustered for breakfast.  And one teatime we swam amongst 13 sharks within 30 feet of the shore and saw three stalk and then gobble up a decent size parrot fish!  Slight adrenalin rush there!

A lot of the time when I'm drifting along, face down watching the sweetjar that is 'life below the waves' I am thinking of blogging words and phrases..but somehow now it all seems a bit strange to write it now ...perhaps the best will have to go in my journalling and be kept for prosterity (maybe it will all read more appealing to the kids when it is nostalgia for them and not just Mum yapping on!)

You know I decided that the people who created 'Finding Nemo' must have been to the Indian Ocean.  As you come in close to the shore you swim over small corals full of those little humbug black & white fish, some as small as 1cm long. there's always a couple of less conspicuous brown fish keeping guard and I'm convinced we fell upon 'Humbug Nursery'

Best sights we had were a huge manta ray just coasting past out on the reef edge, and another day 6 eagle rays came out across the reef and spent about 10 minutes close to us, toing and froing, eating plankton in the current.
Oh, and the amazing turtle who let us watch him feed, came up, took a few lazy mouthfuls of air, followed by an effortless descent about 30 metres ... made a kind of mockery of us bulky humans, even the boys who had been working on their deep free diving sorties to see the coral ledges all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)