Tuesday 7 May 2013

Oh dear... late again said the White Rabbit!

... and so here I am very very late and two weeks behind on my challenges.

Suffice to say I shall just have to give you all some pics for thought and see if that works.

Lynne's week :

“ Make rest and refreshment a necessity, not a luxury”

Ahhh a few weekends ago our 21st Wedding Anniversary was coming up and Col made me the most gorgeous meal... a nicoise salad with eggs, anchovies and fresh tuna, followed by Eton Mess with my favourite passionfruit, raspberries and strawberries.. he certainly ticked all the boxes! Oh and Ferrero Rocher (with dark and coconut ones too) for extras!

 





















We bought a new trampolene, always a hit with the kids of all ages and Kate and the girls will especially 'rest' a bit and enjoy that!









I have been taking Lyla to 'Toddlers Stay & Play' the last few weeks and it made me smile seeing the array of drinks containers we used in the garden! Something for everyone!


Zac came home for almost a week, his course is getting less busy and he had several free days working up to last weekend..he and Col are so alike, I wonder if Zac has 'Colin' written through him like a stick of rock!

Col & I had been away a couple of nights (he had a trip so I ran away to meet him.. the kids are getting real good at managing a night or two without us!)  It certainly has been doing us good, one of the kids commented that it's nice we still have something to talk about now they are all busy!!

So we got back Sunday afternoon and chilled in the sunshine with Zac..yes, even me!




Birthdays:this was April's choice for last week's prompt.  We have got birthdays most months around here, July especially!  Colin is 50 in June so there will be lots going on for that, partayyyyy! Jordan will have finished college by then, barring one exam so she will be on cake making mode.. here's a snippet of her one she made for April last week...xxx



4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you and Colin are getting some you time. Amanda keeps going away - think she is breaking us in for September when we become Derby and Joan!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab to see you blogging and looks like life is really good and so good you are having a bit of adult time x
    ps on your facebook time line you added wing county secondary school just wondered if this was correct as I went to this school ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are fine and just busy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy last month got aq bit upset and missed you, Anne and Jenni and thought we were all falling apart LOL!!

    Here I am on our way back from 2 weeks in Brittany with out wifi but our 9hr crossing from St Malo has given me plenty of time with free wifi to catch up on FB my FSM photo challenge , my 2 teams on UKS and family and now Lucky Snapping!!

    What a lovely prom photo and like Kate's new man!! good Luck with JB's exams and yes 2 peas in a pod!!!

    Glad the building works is taking shape for you both :) Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)