Sunday 30 October 2011

Getting organised early..

....is a kind of requirement when you have booked to return from a holiday on the eve of Christmas Eve!  Well it's a good intention and currently I am actually on schedule to be that organised. It will be Jordan's birthday just before we go away and I'm hoping we can do what I've always wanted, and get the house 'Christmassed' to celebrate her birthday too.

So, in all honesty, where am I? Well, under my bed lies the first bag of goodies and a few filler gifts... and today I have measured up the two bowls of fruit, ready to make some Christmas Cakes, probably tomorrow evening. I keep losing the recipe I used to use so I am cannibalising a couple I found on the BBC website...I really like including black treacle as I am sure it makes it darker and essentially 'more Christmassy'.

Funny, sitting here writing this I am getting quite excited and the thought that I may even have done some of those special preparations you see on TV and in everyone else's house is so good.... can you hear the undercurrent of pressure here, to create that all singing, all dancing event which is almost destined to failure due to the unrealistic expectations we always have before we have started! 

But I will not be deterred..consider this the first Christmas blog for the year.

2 comments:

  1. With you all the way Kathi, your words are so true. I've been thinking christmas cakes as well this week. Maybe next week as B is home on wed :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW MINE XMAS PRESENTS ARE ALL WRAPPED AND READY TO GO
    LOVE AND HUGS
    YVONNE

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)