Monday 3 October 2011

Catch up challenges..

.. I am trying to keep up with Karen's photo challenges in a slack kind of way, but that's the way I am, I have it in my head all week, have a few ideas and then do nothing except post some bits.. usually late, but in the spirit of the thing anyways. I am no great photographer but think that the challenges at least give some inspiration for blog entires .. so thanks Karen!

.. we have had a great weekend.. Zac came home... and to explain the post below..no, Mandy, not too much wine (well not at lunchtime Saturday anyways)... it was the result of Zac showing me how to rationalise my blogger / Google stuff on my new tablet. He took a pic and we did a dummy post, but there it stayed, and will do, a nice memory of hanging out with my boy when he came home.

We did just that.. hung out, ate and drank and all learnt lots about how things will be for him (and consequently us) in the next few years...when he's qualified he reckons it will be four months on / two months off.. and you can imagine there will be a few things reorganised here to fit in with his home time.. weddings, Christmasses and babies maybe..!!!

Yesterday we made the most of the Indian Summer, the hottest weekend in October in years, and went out in the boat. Out the back of St Michaels Mount, laying in the sun, more eats, more chat./.. mmm, if only we had the wine too... mental note for next year!

On the way in we had to anchor up and wait for the tide.. I took this great shot of a water-skier going through a great sky..it's not great quality as (the photographer that I am) I had no memory card and a duff battery in the camera, so I was on the old delayed reaction mobile phone camera..had a bunch of pics of a sedate dolphin swimming by, but the little guy had always gone under by the time the lens kicked in!!

I do love it when there is clouds and they make the sun peeking through have such personality.. and it always reminds me that somewhere, up there, are a good few peple watching over us..saying Hi.


... the evening was lovely too.. in our books.. Domino's BoGoF and then Spooks at 9pm and the MotoGP before bed..perfickt!

And for Karen's vehicle challenge I am using another of Jordan's lovely shots...we got the Brio out last week and it was a hit with Lilly..

(Ross had fun cleaning it up and laying out a track, after all it was his thing 23 years ago..)

I really like the way Jordan has kept Lilly on the edge of the image, it makes it look ala Gulliver's Travels I think.

Oh.. and for nothing bar the acknowledgment, here is another tray of JB's cakes..

1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you Kathi for the comment :) Love the sky you have there and it was such a beautiful weekend - set up for the winter now I think.

    Love the pic of Lily as well, lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)