Sunday 10 October 2010

Tenth!

.. of the tenth and I haven't written a word in October yet.. how bad am I?

It's been a busy few days so far and quite emotional at times, a bit of soul searching going on in these parts, for me more than most, but then I'm a soul searcher even on my own.. haha, and I can do guilt enough for the whole family! (I wonder if that whole Methodist thing was really a cover and all the time I was being raised a guilt ridden Catholic?)

I realise sometimes that I can't always bring to mind specific things and conversations my own mum told me, either as a kid or as an adult...(yes, okay, I can hear you thinking, maybe I should have drawn breath long enough to hear her..), but I'm always touched by how often I say or feel like I'm doing in our family exactly what she did to me.  Even things like folding the baby's clothes or buttoning up her cardi, just 'like granny used to do.' 

All I know is that it's sad how you're jogging along nicely, thinking everythings going fine, then a song, a moment, a situation arises and all you really want to do is call next door and moan to your mum.. the one who never says your wrong, never says 'I told you so' and always says just enough to make you feel better.. oh, and always, always has nicer cakes in her tin that you'll ever have!

Hopefully as I get older I'll become a better listener too, and be remembered not for being chatty Kathi all the time and sometimes as the person who was 'there' and listened just when someone wanted to offload.  So, maybe the rubbish days will make us all better people when we come out the other side.. eh?

3 comments:

  1. Phew that is a deep post!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, I know, but I reckon it's not worth even starting something like this if it isn't going to be worth reading back to yourself someday in the future and be grateful...anyways, only ten or twelve of you stalwort readers following it ..just don't tell anyone I know how deranged I can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deranged .......... far from it. xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)