Saturday 2 February 2013

Still here.. I can sing a Rainbow!

I was thinking that maybe the soapbox moment below sapped all my blogging energy as I have been absent the past 7 or 8 days, just a little busy, weary and not a lot to tell.. so that's okay isn't it?  I still keep an eye on the updates from almost everyone but it was only now I got here.. thought it best to write something before the new week's challenge begins!

Zac was home last weekend, he finished college early Thursday and had enough time to make the drive worth it and get three days at home, also he got to visit and see his new niece... awwwhh.. she is doing great, and so are the girls, still boisterous, bossy and bundles of energy, but that's children isn't it! 

We will have her over for a proper ophotoshoot tomorrow as Dad is off paintballing (new dad speak for complete-mental-replenishment-from-new-fatherhood!)

Saturday evening us two, Zac & Jordan went to PIzza Express in St Ives, calling for a gorgeous berry cocktail at the Hub first.. mmm, well that was just me, it's not really a 'man drink' (well not one a man would confess to anyway!)  I had a large wine with the meal and we had a real nice time.. but boy, I peaked way too soon, home by 9.30 and I was so so tired as we settled down to watch a film in front the fire... what a lightweight!

I did take this nice picture of the fire, which we have swapped using (damp) wood in for coal and it looks so yummy and we can even get it to stay 'in' overnight!

I was thinking this would make a good INDIGO for the rainbow colours challenge set by Janice this week over here! at Lucky Snapping.

I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's offerings and even learning a bit about the colour indigo off Wikipaedia... useless fact coming up.... Indigo, Orange and Violet are the only three colours named after 'something'.. Indigo is a dye by all accounts, I reckon we see it most in the dye on the inside of denim jeans.. ahah




Oh and in the week Col was away and I got down to a bit of crafting.. I finished a layout I started back in our December Just Scrapbooking class. We went back to basics and had a few challenges, one of the sketches I chose was this one, and you can see it.. just about.. in the layout below!

It was Jordan's 18th and she has swapped it out of the frame which used to have her 16th birthday layout, with a now un-friendly friend in it., good job your Dad always stays your Dad so she can keep the Coming of Age picture up for years! ;-)
I used a school achievement medal for ARt and some misic and also a pic of the plate for her dessert.. all the things she loves.. oh and then there is Dom! ;-)

I bought the Merry Christmas 2012 tags in the sale, they are great date reminders and I was organised enough to have the house Christmassed a good deal in time for her birthday last year so that day is our kind of day to start celebrating!


Happy 18th JB ...Love you xxxx

So.. today was scrapbooking over at Newlyn, we had some lovely messy time with gesso, inks and paints, all with a lose theme of board games, April came too and I think we switched her onto art journalling again.. result!...........

...........but more on that later this week.. for now this is a medley of my favourite colours of the rainbow images, I love how they are all features of nature and how colours in nature are rarely definitely one colour, but that the morph, as does a rainbow, through the whole spectrum....and I couldn't leave out Lilly in her rainbow dress could I? xxx 


11 comments:

  1. Just checking this out, my pal Yvonne reckons she couldn't comment....I don't think I have changed anything x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love messy journalling now however might still have to do the neat stuff hehe great collage!! zac and jordan look so similar in that image xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great catch up, Kathi. I just love all your photos. It looks like you have had a really busy week.





    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the catch up Kathi xxx

    Have missed your blogging this week but when you are busy I understand.

    A bit of bad news, cannot make Portsmouth on Sat 1st...Peter has a bowls dinner that evening which he has just told me about :( Feeling really sad as I had got quite excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. I loved reading it all and your pictures are just wonderful. They are all so colorful and I do love looking at other people's pictures. That is one of the reasons I Facebook with my friends, so I can see their pictures. The baby is getting big already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great catch up and beautiful pictures, well done on getting some crafty time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet baby! Your post is very interesting to read and the photos are wonderful. I am glad that you could get messy with paints and gesso ... and that you did some scrapbooking. The rainbow colours mosaic is awesome - just perfect to chase the winter blues away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jordan looks so like you. Great LO and beautiful rainbow collage, I love the bright colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done on the catch-up, looks like between you, Jen and I, we have been playing catch up a lot this week ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous selection of bright and colourful images for the challenge. Love them. xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)