Thursday 21 February 2013

Blog Friends Forever..

Oh how great it is to be in touch with everyone. I just loved the sentiment Janice shared as a comment on my last post ..

I like the idea of BFF standing for Blog Friends Forever, as I reckon that's got a pretty good chance of holding true, given the nature of blog world - the pen friends of the 21st century and not under the stresses and strains of regular face to face contact!!!

..Janice and I (and Karen) separately went to a Just Scrapbooking weekend way back about five years ago and although we didn't chat much at the event we swapped blogs and as that involves gradually sharing and learning lots about each other, without having to organise times and dates to drop in on each other, I believe we have become good pals. 
 
I really really like the idea of the new 21st Century BFFs, after all, its a real friendship, listening to the woes, sharing the humour and the mundane and sharing words of comfort and appreciation as you feel it.. perhaps it is even better as we do not have to talk whilst head bobbing over children, the oven and todays other demands, we share together when we choose...
 
.........talking of which..I just had an email from Anne over at Splashes of my Crafy Life...yesterday at her place. Anne was telling us that Rhea had to go for some tests as she had some problems walking.
 She has asked me to tell everyone she may be a little elusive on the blogging front for a while as the vets have suggested some other routes to a diagnosis. This will mean quite a bit of toing and froing and Anne fears she may not be able to join in much for a while.. I have told her that is fine, but she wanted us to let you know.
 
I know everyone will be thinking of her, we know how special the girls are for her and Dennis and we send love, hugs and wish them well....xx

8 comments:

  1. Blog friends forever is just brilliant. I am grateful for cyberspace again and again and again - one can really find people who have the same interests, sense of humour, hobbies... and keep in touch. I am grateful every time I read a lovely post because it often makes me happier, cheers me up, makes me laugh...
    PS Lots of hugs and good wishes for Anna and the girs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info re Anne, hope all goes ok, thinking of her and her family. So true about BFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the BFF!!
    Thank you for the update on Anne and Rhea, had thought about phoning her as she would have had the results today so may just write to her now.

    Am trying to get ride of Anon and done what someone suggested on UKS and made the readers, blog authors only...so let me know if you cannot get into my blog please xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know about Anne and family.

    Yes BFF is a great 21st Century innovation :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog friends forever. I live opening my blog links and reading what others are up to and also your wonderful stories Kathi. Long may it continue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks foe lwtting us know. I am so pleased to be part of the 365 BFF you are all special people

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the BFF too! It is so wonderful for me to be able to read about others and their lives and families even though we have never met. I feel I already know everyone and look forward furthering our blogging friendships. Anne and Rhea are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was it really five years ago???? x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)