Sunday 14 April 2013

Vulnerable..draw on your reserves.

Over at Lucky Snapping here.. Anne has asked us what we do when we feel Vulnerable..

What do you do when you feel vulnerable, what do you eat, what do you say, how do you dress, whom do you talk to, what do you avoid doing, what do you do much more ?


Do you dress in bright colors, do you go clubbing, do you hibernate, do you go for long walks, do you cuddle your Teddy in your PJs all day, do you read a book, do you raid your local supermarket for chocolate, do you look at yourself in a mirror and do faces ?

We all have our own small things we do to try and feel better and I would like we share them with each other, as we never have too many ways of trying to feel better, do we ?

This week, we open a massive savings account ( at least one that won't go bust, LOL) and we all deposit our little secret remedies. At the end of the week, we all will feel richer and more prepared to fight grey days, would they come.

I like the idea Anne has of banking good feelings and suggestions for when we feel low and vulnerable. I don't think I have as many of these days as I did when I had teenagers, money worries and dependant elderly relatives...perhaps when I do have a low day I look back and remember what a really low day was... but I am also grateful for those experiences as they put today and other people's worries and problems into perspective..

Funny too, Col always liked a comment he heard on the radio, someone was asked the secret of a great marriage.. it's all about banking the love and  great feelings when you have them and drawing on them when life brings stresses and frustrations which may mean you don't get on so well.. I think we all have days when we have to draw on the love bank to make us feel like we love the other one as much as yesterday..
.. so I guess the vulnerable days can be counteracted by  bank of good vibes too?

I think ticking some boxes is one of my ways to get back on the horse.. get busy, clean up, tidy, put some order back in and see the fruits of my efforts.. (I am not hot on housework and have inherited from my Mum the enjoyment of a good tidy which can actually be noticed rather than being on the case all the time and never having a thing out of place..)

I have mentioned it before but cannot leave it out.. in the summer I love to top up my reserves with a trip 'out west', preferrably on the boat, but failing that just for a visit.  The granite of the cliffs out towards Land's End remind me how some things will always remain constant, like your history and where you really came from, where you feel you belong..it's like some kind of spiritual reserve.. knowing that when I am there it has hardly changed in 50 or 500 years..and that for me gives me a link to my past which was all too short..


 It's interesting that as I look through all my pictures I realise two things more.. that most of best ways to stock up is to go to the sea anywhere, in fact just recall days there, perhaps through revisiting my scrapbooks..


If I were a salmon this is where I would be heading..

Kuredu, memories of hot sunny evenings, always beside the sea..
I have one other way to lift the spirits.. but I am setting that now as a follow on for next week's challenge.. so see you there tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post Kathi and great photos.
    Waiting for our surprise tomorrow ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to read your blog tonight and look forward to your challenge tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that layout Kathi - really stylish and evocative.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)