Saturday 20 April 2013

Nostalgia tracks..

Well the week has flown by again and even as host this week it has been hard to get and blog (especially as I do not have sound on my office PC) ....so here I am! 

We have had a great week, finished in good time several days and went for a walk by the sea at Marazion and in St Ives, just makes for a nicer end to the day than falling across the yard from office to cooking the tea!  Col is cooking me a meal this evening, it's our 21st wedding anniversary on Tuesday and we both feel it is kind of special this year, maybe as the kids are older and it's the start of some more us-time?

My Bonnie..
This is one of the first songs I remember. My great Aunt Elsie who was like a stand-in Gran to me was always singing it to me and in turn I sang it lots to JB and Kate when they were young... they loved it too..

Auntie Elsie also used to sing me this.. she was from Northumberland and her lilt was perfect and it brought back memories when there was a series called 'When the Boat Comes In'..I liked this video too.. guess this is why she sang it me..


So, I got older, my brother had big influence on the tunes which stayed with mefrom my early years.. like this one .. Bits & Pieces. I used to bang on the wall to let him know it was on.. it may not even have been his favourite, who knows!



So I grew up to a teenager and a new influence, my pal Teddy from over the road.. he again was a bit older and didn't really have conventional pop music interests..so alongside my love for David Cassidy,  I loved and still shiver at the opening bars of Life on Mars and pretty much anything David Bowie turned out in the early 70's.. yes I just felt it again!!!


Thriough my Uni years and early days of motherhood I kind of went with the flow, loved most things once I had been exposed to them for a while.. Madonna, Cher, Eurythmics etc..but then once again my kids got older and some of their much played tracks have stayed with me and despite some troubled years with teens the theme songs they played don't hurt at all... Pink's Family Portrait..and Trouble  ..


Life relaxed a little and I loved, all on my own Norah Jones and Adele.. yeah, predictable current stuff.. 


... oh and I cannot, just cannot end this offering without two or three of the most moving songs I have in my life.. I won't get into details but they both move me..




and last but by no means least..my song for Zac..never far from home my love..


... just love them all...... hope you guys do too.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)