Sunday 6 January 2013

January: Views and more views!

What a good idea to have a picture of a scene you see every day from / towards your window.

I have chosen the view from our breakfast bar across to the last remaining original window in our 'dining end' which will be replaced by the end of the year. Col says I have set it in stone now and the pressure is on to get the 'porch ' /old 'lean-to-kitchen' knocked down and an extension built to replace it and extend it for a decent size kitchen / living room, as that is where we all hang out and live. 

We have had planning on doing this for 15 years but have done everything else first, but now renewed and changed the plans a bit, so in 2013 we are doing it!  Col is 50 in June and Zac goes away to sea again late May so I am planning a party before he goes; well you could hardly have a party for Dad a week after Zac goes away could you!  My SIL Tom teases me and Zac about the fuss I make, he said the other day to Zac that he heard a big celebrity was due in the village.. funny guy!  But we enjoy the parties and I think the fancy dress may be storybook theme, so April can be Cinderella as she is so good at dishwashing chores... awwhhh !

So... the extension at least should be ready for the party, even if the kitchen is still under debate and consideration...

So here is my view..correction, here are my views (well you know I can never do just ONE!!)
 
Last 2012/13 Christmastime breakfast!

We just slipped out for half an hour and here is my view which should give us the most variety.. the view of St Michael's Mount from the Marazion slipway. No sign of snow, just that awful Cornish mizzle..a combination of drizzle and mist!
January Mount View
 ..and for good measure the outside of our house where the extension is going to be..

Family update:
The yard is looking empty today as Zac has just left for college and a fortnight's worth os assessments and exams. He says the X-box may stay in the box til after, but I doubt it.

It's going to be a busy few weeks for us now, Col has some time away and that pesky baby no3 is still 'not for turning' so they have been booked in for a C-section in about ten days, so I will be on Nanny mode on and off during January...it was such a shame, but Mum is a petite little thing and it seems the babe is not keen to move round...and we all so hoped this would be uneventful, but surely better than an emergency. 

I feel kind of helpless at this point as I had my brood without too much fuss and I can't offer any real alternative, advice or consolation.  It is a very odd aspect of motherhood when you are mother to an adult who cannot be shielded from discomfort or pain or a situation you would more happily take on in their place...and this is just childbirth, it doesn't bear thinking about if a truly intolerable situation arose..

...and before I sign off to go find my StoryTelling Sunday precious piece I will give you my first choice view, that little square mile of beach and sea out west..

No Snow Porthcurno Jan 2013

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow these views. It's a delight for me that you chose them as they both bring so many memories. Poor little mum and baby to come, may be baby will decide to turn after all ? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope so too Anne, but she is quite compact and tried so hard three times, we are just hoping it's a stubborn naughty boy now! ;-)
    and it is better to make plans and if it did turn all the better.. mmmm x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the extension...sorry to hear about the planned c section but like you say - better planned, then an emergency. Hopefully baby will turn, still a few days to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. Really gorgeous views. Good luck with your extension. Sorry about the baby problems prompting a C-section, but rather be safe than sorry. The baby may turn yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the extension. C section may not be a first choice but I'm sure the joy of baby will more than make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just a beautiful set of views and ones that will be so interesting to see the changes in over the year.

    Good luck with the baby, I ended up after a couple of days of labour with an emergency c-section and had a planned one for Ali, it did seem a bit odd not having all the 'effort' of a labour but it certainly beat the stress of an emergency. I hope the baby turns though. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had 2 C sections so piece of cake as far as I am concerned!!! No labour pains and stitches in uncomfortable places LOL!! but I know what you mean as being Mum to adults and feeling helpless xx

    Wow what a book for 2013 on Lo's and photos of this extension.

    2013 sounds fun too.

    Who knows if our plans later in the year don't send us down to cornwall again????? hope so as I would love to meet you and Col xxx and of course the rest of the family :)

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)