Tuesday 19 March 2013

Mornings..

Ross should be a Gemini! Come the morning he is either dead miserable, taking a good while to 'come to', we call him Cornflake Man, you know the one who is like a caveman growing more like us as he eats his Kelloggs... or he is so perky he makes you want to lamp him!

I came down yesterday morning and he was on perky mode; to be fair he has been this way since he started his school job, it is a half hour drive in and he likes to be on time, so he gets going early...unlike the rest of us..urghhh,especially when you have had a late night over the weekend! Kate in particular isn't great in the mornings, school days especially, so tMonday she was chasing Ross about giving him grief for being so awake!

Famous for her dry sense of humour Kate observed as she was eating breakfast..
'if Monday were a pair of shoes it would be a pair of Crocs!' 
(Now I know they are very light, very versatile and an addiction once you have some..I may have alienated myself from half my 'readers'  but you have to admit it was funny!,)
I think they take after me, I never was a morning person, always got in trouble with Mum for saying some of the words you shouldn't say when we overslept and I was grumpy!

This morning I woke early, unusual for me, but it was a lovely morning, lovely enough to take this picture across the yard..I made a coffee and went back to bed for half an hour, suddenly I get why people like waking early.


This is the view from my other bedroom window, down into the extension. Concrete for the slab arrives Thursday and you can just see the utility around the corner..can't wait.. well, yes I can.. that's something I have learnt about myself., that whilst I feel nervous and excited about something and think that maybe I just can't do it, (childbirth, moving homes, dentist, anything which gives you that unknown pit-in-your-stomach kind of feeling), but when the time draws very close a kind of composure sets in and I can !!!                                                                        
                    

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a morning person either.
    I'm away at the moment so I haven't had time to post. I expect to tomorrow but can't post photos until I get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am a Gemini, I am certainly not on a morning person and before my coffee and Crunchy Nuts, you shouldn't attempt talking to me, LOL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a morning person either. Never have been. In fact I am quite the night owl. If it wasn't frowned upon, I could stay up all night and then sleep all day. I'm not a Gemini either, but my daughter is. She's not really a morning person either but now that she is a Mom, she doesn't have much choice. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally a morning person, I love to be awake at dawn, in fact I was woken by the dawn chorus the last couple of mornings and no-one else in my house likes it so I get some peace and quiet! I really struggle in the evenings. So exciting to see your works coming along. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post! And this post from yesterday - too! Congratulations!
    I really like your photos! And I like many comments - I'm a type as Jennie. I get up early in the morning - 5 or 6 o'clock am, depending on the tasks that I will have. But when I have days off - I necessarily sleep after lunch!
    And all people in the house be quiet - Mom sleeps!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am definitely a morning person, but I do need time to come to, so I ensure I am up before everyone else and then when they surface I am civil - so maybe I am not a morning person???? who knows!! Extension is looking good. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gemini and i dont like mornings either....and my mood definatly swings, lol

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)